Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wine and Cheese Sunday Social 2018















HI everyone.  It's that time of the year.  Appetizers for the most popular Cobblestone Event.  It's the Wine and Cheese Social.

Hubby and I have been hosting this social for many years.  8 years or maybe more.  I lost count.  Hubby is in charge of the entertainment and I'm in charge of the appetizers.


Goat cheese drizzled in strawberry balsamic and topped with chopped pecans


We keep it at Wine, cheese , grapes and olives and a few strawberries to give some color to the array of grapes.  It's work but it so well received how can we say no!

I was expecting around 50 people so I thought I was ready.  Time was on my side so I shopped early for the variety of cheese and I gave hubby a list for the rest.

He waited until the last minute/day to do his share of picking up last minute items on his list. Wrong in so many ways but after being married to him for so many years there is no changing him.

The night before the event he told me the count had exceeded the 50 and now there was approximately 66+.  Now about that time 9 p.m I started to get a little concerned. Would I have enough cheese?
  I bought 16 lb. which I guesstimated for 50 people. Now there was 16 more.  I did buy lots of various olives and plenty as in 8+lbs. grapes and 4 lb. strawberries.  Plenty of crackers and I did have the trays from last years event so I was covered or so I thought.
  I went to be feeling a bit overwhelmed only to awake at 3 a.m. and going over and over my list so I decided instead of tossing and turning I would get up and start my work.  The below gives you a pretty good idea of my art of putting together cheese, cracker, fruit and olives for presentation and good eating.  I had bought cheddar, havarti, gouda and swiss cheese along with Vermont cheddar/ parm blend, pepper jack and goat cheese for variety.

The event was a success and hubby's choice in entertainment was a hit.  A local Pittsburgh group called Jimmy Sappienza and a guy named Moe.. Great evening.  Check out the photos.  








I little FYI ON ME.  I love to bake and cook for small groups and entertaining is somewhat stressful to me.  My hubby and I have host this event for many years but still after all those years I get anxious.  I’m a perfectionist and I know it and don’t ask for help.  That’s my problem.  Unless someone comes to me I would never ask.  Also there is a budget.  Our association charges a small fee of $10.00 a person to cover costs so we can provide the appetizers and entertainment too which is A local band.   There will be at least 60 +attending. I’m starting my deep breathing right now! Just kidding.... I’ve got this!😋😀👍🏻🤞









No comments: