Monday, August 17, 2020

Broccoli cauliflower chicken bake

Hi everyone:

I'll be re-posting some recipes that may interest you.

I've been asking friends on my group Facebook page for their favorite recipes and have actually been trying them for a change.  You are welcome to join.  It's called We like to bake and cook group.  Many different recipes that are very family friendly.

I've been doing my blog for 7 years and thought it might be a nice change now and again.  This particular recipe is how I made it.  My friend just suggested the ingredients.  Enjoy!  It's delicious...



A quick note:  You can easily substitute canned cream of chicken soup in this recipe.  I try to avoid any canned cream soups.  Too many additives for me but those who don't have the time it's an option.


2+ cups cauliflower and broccoli florets steamed
2 boneless chicken breasts sautéed in olive oil (cut into small slices)
Butter
Salt and pepper
1/2 to 3/4 cup orzo 
1/2 cup shredded Sharp cheese (I used white cheddar)


Steam broccoli and or cauliflower. Drain and allow to cool.  I used both in this recipe.

Cook orzo a' dente in salted water.  Rinse and drain.

In a small pan place a little olive oil.  Saute chicken until almost no pink in center.  Remove from pan and cut into slices or small pieces.  Set aside.

Butter a large size baking dish.  Layer vegetables,chicken, cheese and orzo until baking dish is 3/4 full. Pour below cream sauce over and garnish with a little cheese if you want. 











The cream Sauce(I doubled recipe)

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper





  • In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
  • Slowly stir in chicken broth, then milk. Whisk until it begins to thicken. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

  • If sauce is too thick you can always add a little more of the chicken broth to thin. 

  • 8/15/18 


    No comments: