Sunday, July 1, 2018

Cinnamon Roll Sheetcake


Here it is... we’ve been waiting in anticipation.




After seeing this recipe somewhere on the internet. I adapted it from a post called Lauren's latest. 

  Well I was totally salivating just reading the list of ingredients.  Today our daughter was having brunch so it was a great opportunity to try this recipe.  It was delicious.  Great with a cup of coffee for sure.  I do love my early morning coffee.

It is light and easy to make.  I did cut back a little on the butter, sugar, vanilla.  I was thinking it might be too sweet if you can understand my thinking.  

If not here's how I was thinking. All the butter sugar swirled through the cake and then the icing might be a little too much for my liking but you can feel free to make it as you see in the recipe. 

 I found it to be perfect .  I did make it early a.m and it was super fresh that it crumbled a little.  I do think you could make it the day before and still enjoy it.






My sheet pan was 11x"16" and 15 minutes at 350 degrees worked out perfectly.

 I think you can make it in a 9"x9" easily. You would have to adjust the time accordingly.  




CINNAMON ROLL SHEET CAKE

INGREDIENTS:

  • white cake mix
  • ingredients to complete cake mix: eggs, oil and water
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon

  • for the icing:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • milk

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


  1. CINNAMON ROLL SHEET CAKE

    DIRECTIONS:

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Line half sheet pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
    3. Make cake mix according to package directions and spread evenly into sheet pan.
    4. Mix melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together and drizzle across cake batter. Using a butter knife, swirl butter mixture through cake batter.
    5. Bake about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the cake.
    6. While cake bakes, stir powdered sugar, vanilla and just enough milk to create icing the consistency of white glue.
    7. Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before drizzling with icing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
    Enjoy!
adapted from of Lauren's latest


No comments: