Tuesday, June 26, 2018

BLT Pasta Salad

Here we are the July 4th week-end is quickly approaching and other than a few traditional favorites we plan on spending a quiet week-end.








The children and grandchildren have plans so hubby and I will relax and may go to a movie.

I have wanted to make a salad something like this for a while.  I thought what better time than summer, correct.  Light dressing and since I had some bacon(thick style) stored in the freezer I let it thaw overnight and today's light dinner was this salad.

Enjoy!

1/2 cup bottled ranch dressing(you can use light or low calorie if you desire)
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 cup cherry tomatoes (I used half cherry and half quartered)
8 oz. cooked penne pasta
10 slices cooked bacon(I baked mine until crispy) and broke in pieces but crumbling the bacon might be a better choice
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce (washed thoroughly and patted dry)
salt and pepper if needed






In a small bowl mix ranch dressing and sour cream.

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain all water thoroughly.

Mix lettuce, cherry tomatoes and penne with dressing.  Add bacon and serve or chill until ready to serve.  

Have a safe week-end.



7-4-16

6/26/18


No comments: