Monday, May 7, 2018

ROSEBUD!! Healthy Spicy Chicken Soup!!

I've been thinking about something other than food and photography that would motivate me to exercise in some way.  You with me??  I came up with a special word that I'm going to associate with exercise and healthy eating and it's "Rosebud"!  Corny, cute or absolutely ridiculous..You can choose!

My blog is going to be the same food loving, recipe sharing blog but I'm adding this word "ROSEBUD" just written in at times as an inspiration to help us eat well and to remember to do some form of exercise..It can be as little as standing and walking in step for a few minutes or doing a few stretch movements.  I know I am going to splurge at times(I LOVE FOOD) too but I would like to stay focused on being in control of what I (we) eat and how often I (we) eat it and some form of exercise fits into the picture.   Does that make sense to you? 


I am as guilty as the next person when it comes to making bad food choices.  When I overeat I get angry at myself so starting today I am going to make myself more aware of what choices I am going to make in every area. Today Feb. 18, 2013 I am going to use the word "ROSEBUD" as my keyword to let all of you know I'm working on being a healthier ME.  As I type this I'm hoping you don't think I went off the deep end. LOL  I am trying to have some fun while helping you and me achieve a goal.  Here's to you Rosebud!


Here's a recipe to help start your day!  Incorporate some exercise too!

Healthy Spicy Chicken Soup!





Original recipe makes 5 servings
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups chopped onion
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 cups chopped celery
  • 1 cup julienned carrots
  • 1 cup minced leek (optional)
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
  • 6 ounces spinach, rinsed
  • 1/2 cup egg noodles
  • 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
Directions
  1. Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, celery, carrot and leek. Saute until onions are translucent and balance of veggies has been tossed through with hot oil. Add stock and season with salt and pepper to taste. If using hot pepper sauce and soy sauce, add now. Bring soup to a simmer and allow to simmer over low heat for about 40 minutes.
  2. Add spinach and cover pot. (Note: Volume of spinach will appear to be too great for the pot; don't worry, just put it in - within a few minutes it will be reduced to size). Stir soup; add noodles. Stir again and add chicken strips. Make sure soup is still simmering. Exactly 5 minutes later, you will have a terrific hot soup. Serve hot!
PREP 30 mins
  • COOK 45 mins
  • READY IN 1 hr 15 mins



From my kitchen to yours,


2/26/16







 

2/18/13
Re-post 2/26/16

No comments: