Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Low Carb Asian inspired Beef


Keeping on our low carb menu this week this dish  is another addition to some easy and tasty menu choices. I have found over the past few weeks that totally eliminating carbs has not been very enjoyable for me so I am still cutting back on them but will not totally eliminate them.  Quite frankly I like them too much to totally dis them. 

I love foods with an Asian flare so this one caught my eye for today's dinner meal.  I'm serving microwavable frozen Asian vegetables as my add in.


I adapted this recipe to my liking but make note you can also make this recipe with chicken parts which I would make in the oven.


 Enjoy!







  • Beef:
  • 1 1/2 pounds beef(any combination -- ideal if they are similar sizes -- Note: I used stir fry because I wanted it to cook quick and used a stove top method for this meal.
  • 1-12 oz. frozen and microwaveable Asian style vegetable medley
  • 1- pkg. long grain rice (90 second) if necessary
  • Marinade:
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup oil, such as olive oil or peanut oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced)
  • 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon dry cooking sherry

Portion Control

Make the Marinade
  • In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup oil, such as light olive oil or peanut oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 fresh pressed garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger and 1 tablespoon dry sherry which will be your marinade.
Marinate Beef
  • In a large plastic or ceramic container with a lid, place the beef. Pour the marinade over all the pieces, turning until all the pieces are coated evenly. Cover and marinate at least 1 hour, and up to overnight.

    • Bake in a 375-degree F. oven (basting once or twice), or to make it on top of the stove, use a large deep skillet where you add about 2 T peanut oil. Place marinated beef and cook for about 30 minutes add vegetables cover and cook until vegetables are tender. I added a package of 90 second microwaveable rice to my recipe.  


    6/26/16


    No comments: