Thursday, April 5, 2018

Sesame noodles with green onions & radishes

 This would be a great take along picnic salad.  A little different from your traditional.  I took it to a social and got raves. 


My next few recipes or dishes will be in the salad family.  Some are with grains such as rice, barley,quinoa and today's will be with Linguine noodles.

Served with grilled or broiled chicken or fish; if you like Asian flair this sweet and ginger peanut tasting dish is sure to please all those who like Sesame noodles at your favorite Asian restaurant..  

Enjoy!  Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

No need to add radishes!  I think they were added for crunch

 Check out this dish!  Served with grilled chicken or fish this is a great side.  

It just so happened I had every ingredient so I managed to put this dish together rather quickly. The radishes were all I had to go to the store to buy and I think you can easily eliminate them.  Make it your way!  Fresh raw Broccoli florets or snow peas may do the trick. 



 Sesame noodles with green onions & radishes
3/4 lb. uncooked linguine
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 T fresh ginger chopped (I used dried ginger)
1/2 tsp. or 1 clove minced garlic
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T Asian sesame oil
3/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 T honey
4 green onions,sliced (note: I used 3)
6 radishes, sliced thin (note: I used 3)optional 

In a large pot bring salted water to a boil, cook until linguine is al dente.  Drain. Rinse under cold running water and drain again. Set aside

In a blender, puree peanut butter, 1/4 cup warm water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar, oil, honey, and pepper flakes.  If necessary, thin with an additional 1 2 T warm water.  Note:  I did not have to thin mine.

Toss pasta with dressing and half of the scallions (optional radishes).  Spoon into a serving bowl.  Top with remaining green onion and radishes.

Happy Salad Making from my kitchen to yours,



adapted from dashrecipes.com

4/23/13

No comments: