Monday, July 10, 2017

Chicken corden blu bake

Hi Everyone:

This is a post of a video I  saw on Facebook. The video posted the recipe while it played so it was pretty hard to copy it down. So this is what I did catch and it really turned out quite good.  The only thing I would do next time when I make it and I will is I'll cook some penne pasta separately and add it to the casserole.  I think it would complete this casserole perfectly.  Yummy it was. Enjoy! 




Delightful, Delicious and darn right Yummy!  That how I'd explain this casserole.

2 cups cooked chicken shredded
1/2 cup chopped ham diced
4 or 5 slices Swiss cheese

Butter Casserole, Add chicken and then ham. Top with Swiss cheese





In a microwave safe dish melt butter, add milk, flour, salt, pepper, paprika and Dijon mustard. Whisk all  and place in microwave and Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes.  Whisk  again.   The recipe said lemon juice and I forgot but it sure tasted fine without it.  You decide. Pour Sauce over swiss cheese. Sprinkle topping on top of casserole and bake 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes and bubbly on sides.  Serve with a salad and your meal is complete.

Note:  For an added touch a good idea would be to cook approximately 1 cup penne and add to casserole before baking. Enjoy!


Sauce:
4 T melted butter
4 T flour 
3 cups whole milk
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp. Dijon mustard 
1tsp. Lemon juice(optional)

Topping:

In a small pot on top of the stove melt butter.  After butter is melted add parsley and breadcrumbs stirring with fork until mixed.
4 T melted butter
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp dried parsley





No comments: