Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Quick and easy Jambalaya!

I've always been fascinated by restaurants that serve Jambalaya and actually tried several places where they serve it.  I really like it on occasion but hesitated to make it because my hubby isn't crazy about spicy foods so when I came across a recipe in all recipes it was a day to experiment.

 When you try to duplicate a meal it is all part of experimenting with flavors.  I figured today might be the day to try and make something similar but not too spicy.

 This recipe was adapted to my liking and used Seasoned Chicken sausage (Johnsonville Brand fully cooked) in place of the shrimp and also a few pieces of boneless  chicken breast.

 If you like you can still add the shrimp..

 Note:  If using shrimp use approximately 1/2 lb. cleaned and deveined shrimp and add at the very end before serving.  Just enough to heat the shrimp.  I nice change and not too spicy.




Here is my version:

I heated approximately 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet.  Added my sausage 2 links (sliced), 1/4 cup bell pepper diced, 1 diced small onion, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper..

 Make sure you cook sausage ,onion and bell pepper are slightly browned.  Then you add 2 cups of Swanson chicken broth and 1 cup white minute rice and 1/2 tsp. paprika.  I  brought everything to a boil and then covered the skillet until the rice was tender, approx. 20 minutes or less.

  If you do like it a bit spicier add 1 tsp. hot sauce and 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce to it after rice is tender.    Easy to make and a one pot meal you can prepare in 30 to 40 minutes from start to finish..

Thin the meal  if desired with chicken broth if necessary!

Sorry :(. I forgot to get a photo!

 Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


2/18/12

No comments: