Thursday, March 30, 2017

Double-Strawberry Mousse


I couldn't wait to post this picture of this dessert.. It was easy and although I haven't tasted it as of yet I am sure it's going to be light and tasty. I made this in a loaf pan but I couldn't see why you couldn't do it easily in a 13x9 inch pan.  Happy easy desserts from my kitchen to yours, M.J.


I just ate a large piece.  Yum..Light and tasty...
I should have made the graham cracker center layer larger..Oops! It still tasted very good.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup boiling water
*1 pkg. (3 oz.) Strawberry jello
1 cup ice cubes
1 pkg. )8 oz. Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened
2 T sugar
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping
9 Nabisco Grahams, divided
2 cups quartered fresh strawberries.







Add boiling water to gelatin mix; stir two minutes until completely dissolved.  Stir in ice until melted.  Beat reduced fat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended.  Gradually beat in gelatin.  Whisk in Cool Whip.

Pour half of gelatin mixture into 9 x5 inch loaf pan lined with plastic wrap.  Cover with 3-1/2 grahams.  Refrigerate 4 hours.

***You can substitute jello sugar free gelatin.

Top dessert with 3- 1/2 graham cracker.  Invert onto plate.  Crush remaining grahams; press into sides of dessert.  Top with berries.

From my kitchen to yours,

1/18/13

No comments: