Thursday, February 9, 2017

Milky Way Midnight Cake


Hi everyone!! Earlier today we received a call from some friends to say that they were stopping to visit us later.  I am so  prepared!!!!

I love Milky Way Midnight candy bars and I always have a few as back up for when I want something sweet. Fortunately I had one nice size bar to grate on top of the cake.  You also could cut one up in small pieces and fold into pudding if you really want lots of candy but one grated  was fine for this cake.  I didn't want to give them a death by chocolate experience. LOL



Luckily I had everything to make a quick dessert, including a 8" layer cake in the freezer so I made this now famous "Milky Way Midnight Cake"and by 11:30 a.m . it was ready to eat.  Of course no time is too early for me to taste so I did and it's yummy! 

FYI: You make. 2- 8 "or 9" inch round cakes according to directions(box mix is fine). When cooled wrap and freeze for use when you are in a pinch.   They are so handy.  Any vanilla or chocolate cake is a safe bake.

I also had real whipped cream and a Milky Way midnight candy bar to grate on top for something different.

Ingredients:

1 small pkg. Vanilla instant pudding made with 1 1/2 cups milk. Whisk and Set aside to thicken while you are beating the whipped cream.

1- pint Heavy cream whipped firm (add a few tablespoons confectioners sugar and I tsp. Vanilla (you can use cool whip)if it's easier . When whipped to firm consistency whisk a few heaping tablespoons into pudding and then save the rest for the top.

Sprinkle with grated Milky Way Midnight candy bar. Frozen is best because it is easier to grate.

Note : you can use any dry topping like trail mix , toasted coconut or chopped peanuts or pecans if you like.  

I'm all set!! You can do it too. It's so darn easy! 

Especially if you like cream cakes or pie.  Enjoy!





From my happy kitchen to yours,




No comments: