Thursday, December 15, 2016

Spanish Tortilla

Recipe repost:👍

Hello everyone. I adapted the below recipe to my liking and cut the recipe in half.  My baking dish was a little too large for the amount I made so my tortilla was not as high as I would have liked it to be but it was definitely enjoyed by my hubby and I.  I served it with a nice summer tomato and romaine salad with a sweet balsamic dressing.

**The next time I make this I am going to add more red peppers and also make my potatoes cubes smaller.






Note:   I think this would make a great breakfast brunch dish to serve when you are having family or guests.  Fresh fruit also would compliment it. 

  
2 T olive oil or the dish
1 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes cut in 1/2 inch pieces
Kosher salt and pepper
4 scallions
1 med. red pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 to 3 tsp. red pepper flakes
10 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
6 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano Italian cheese

Heat oven to 375

Lightly grease a 2 qt. baking dish
Boil potatoes until tender
Drain and set aside

Chop scallions and save green parts separate
Dice red pepper

In a large skillet with approx. 2 T olive oil place peppers, onions, garlic and red pepper flakes. stirring until vegetables are tender.  Add drained potatoes and gently mix to combine. Transfer vegetable mixture to baking dish.

In a large bowl whisk, eggs and sour cream.  Stir in the cheddar cheese, Italian cheese, and 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper.  Pour mixture over the vegetables and stir gently to distribute the ingredients.

Bake until puffed and golden and set in center approx. 35 to 40 minutes.  Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

From my kitchen to yours,


8/30/16
8/14/13

1 comment:

Joseph Jose said...

The picture is saying everything about the dish, looks like it is delicious.
smart4posts.blogspot.com