Friday, November 4, 2016

Sopapilla Cheesecake! Yummy!!

 You're going to like this recipe.  It's so yummy!

Most of us enjoy a dessert now and again and my hubby especially does.  Personally I'm a meal person and dessert is only if I have room for a taste or two.  I'd take seconds on pasta or potatoes anytime.  I'm a carb addict. lol

So when we were enjoying our monthly social someone had made this what is now known as cheesecake dessert. I had no idea that the cinnamon tasting, sugary treats we'd eaten at picnics and fast food places someone would create a cheesecake to resemble one of the favorites of my grandson.  Churro's!!

 This is a must make easy cheesecake.  It reminds me so much of Churro's and Sopapilla's that I had to make it. 

Delicious!


My family loved this!







2 -8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 -8 oz. cans refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup honey

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray.

Beat cream cheese with 1 cup sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.

Unroll the cans of crescent rolls and roll into shape of base of pan.(2 sheets).  One can for bottom and one can for top.  Press into bottom of pan.  Evenly spread cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining crescent dough.  Stir together 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and butter. Dot the mixture over the top of the cheesecake.

Bake in oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and drizzle with honey.  Cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.

From my kitchen to yours,



 
All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.




11.12.12
2/15/13

12/17/13
9/16/16

No comments: