Thursday, October 6, 2016

Cold tortellini and summer veggies salad

Hi everyone:

I had no intention of cooking today but I was hungry and although I usually do cook on Sunday today I didn't feel like any big meal.  Cold salad came to my mind and I did have refrigerated tortellini so I put together this wonderful summer salad.  Hubby and I had it for lunch.

1 lb. refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 carrot (half grated and half cut in slices)
1 stalk celery
3 green onions sliced
1 small zucchini cut in thick slices and cut in half or quarters
1 can chick peas rinsed (garbanzo beans) (optional)
several black olives (optional)
Your favorite Asian dressing or whatever you like

Cook tortellini for about 2 to 3 minutes.  Drain and rinse with cold water.  Set aside
Dice and grate carrot, chop celery and onion, wash and cut zucchini.  If you have other raw vegetables you can add them as well.

Toss with your favorite dressing and refrigerate at least an hour.  Serve on a bed of lettuce or gently tear a few pieces of lettuce and add to the bottom of salad before serving. Enjoy!

Since it's summer why not add a few chunky wedges of tomato too....Yummy!

Note:  I added the chick peas and olives to the salad I had left.  Tomorrow's lunch..................:)











From my kitchen to yours,



8/7/16

No comments: