Thursday, June 2, 2016

Bon appetit! Stuffed chicken breast with vodka sauce!

Hubby and I have had the pleasure of dining at Wolfgang Puck's Restaurants.  We always leave pleased with the quality of the food and the great preparation.  When I came across this recipe I had to save it and here is my adaption of his recipe. 

 I made homemade vodka sauce but feel  free to used jarred sauce....I find Bertolli Vodka sauce to be one of my  hubby's favorite substitutions when I don't get a chance to make homemade..Bon Appetit!







Happy Cooking!






Stuffed Chicken Breast with Vodka Sauce






Vodka Sauce Recipe:


½ cup butter
1 clove garlic minced
1 small diced onion
½ cup vodka
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes with onion
1 28 oz. Can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp. sugar
2 or 3 fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp. Dried basil
1 pt. Heavy cream or half and half

In skillet over medium heat sauté onion in butter until lightly browned and soft, add garlic.  Pour in vodka and cook 10 minutes, Add tomatoes, basil, sugar and cook 30 minutes.  Pour in half and half cook another 30 minutes..Enjoy! 

Note:  You can use all crushed tomatoes too.  Most times I use what I have in my pantry. 


Wolgang’s Puck’s Italian Chicken

I couldn’t resist making this because Vodka Sauce on anything pleases my hubby..

4-8oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 slices prosciutto or thin baked ham
4 slices provolone cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
pinch red pepper flakes
1 tablespoons fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons white wine
Kosher salt
Black Pepper
1 ½ cups Vodka sauce 
4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Pound chicken to ¼ inch thickness.  Season with salt and pepper.  Place 1 slice of ham and cheese on each breast.  Roll up as for a jelly roll.  Secure with bamboo skewer or tie with string.

Whisk together olive oil, red pepper flakes, rosemary, wine , salt and pepper and vodka sauce.

Pour into 13x9 inch baking dish.  Top with chicken.  Sprinkle breadcrumbs mixed with melted butter.  Cover with parchment paper and aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes more.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

From my kitchen to yours,

1/15/13

No comments: