1.Make sure your kitchen scale is calibrated correctly. Load up 10 pennies. They should weigh one ounce.
2. Out of cough syrup? Warm up a little bit of honey and lemon juice.
3. Deviled eggs? Place all filler ingredients in a plastic bag, seal it and moosh it all up. Cut off a corner of the bag and pipe into the egg whites.
4. Put a little brown sugar in your tomato based sauces to cut the acid for people with sensitive stomachs. It also lends
Saute � garlic first before adding to a sauce. The taste will be milder.
|Rubber jar opener. Saves a lot of time and wrist discomfort with this handy dandy tool.|
6. Tough food on pots? Soak in hot water with a dryer fabric softener sheet.
7. Substitute club soda for milk in a pancake recipe and they will be light and fluffy.
8. To prevent your eyes from watering while chopping up onions, press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth.
9. Turn your oven off a few minutes before you're done roasting or baking. The oven will retain heat and you will be conserving energy.
10. Use a muffin tin to hold stuffed bell peppers while they are cooking. None of them will fall over.