Sunday, December 20, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Appetizer ring


Company's coming or you don't know what to make for Saturday's dinner well I'm thinking this has to be one of the best recipes for those lovin spicy chicken buffalo.

We had a few friends over the last night and one of my appetizers was this ring.  I decided last year that when I entertain I was only going to have depending on how many we were entertaining 5 appetizers.  2 hot ones and 3 cold ones and two sweet treats. 

I am so happy I did just that. I actually enjoyed my guests and was able in the a.m. to go to breakfast with some friends.  I took the monkey off my back and made it easy for me.  I'd say it's about time!

For some reason I and others like me think we have to put huge amounts of food on our table when we have family and guests visiting.  Not so.  I found concentrating on a few good items is the best way to go. I made my list last week and while I was grocery shopping picked up the items that I needed for these recipes.

It seems most things I made require cream cheese and Aldi's had it for .89 which was a great price. I won't tell you how many I bought but (8) is about the magic number.  I bought chips and pretzels and I made a pineapple creamcheese spread and a store bought sour cream french onion. We also had some fresh store bought shrimp which is always a hit and along with the warmed buffalo chicken ring I made a large loaf of french bread and stuffed it with a homemade artichoke and spinach creamy cheese filling. Another big hit!  So take it from me and make it easy on yourself and cut your menu in half.  We did have 4 couples last night and I had very little leftovers.  Actually enough for hubby and me to have for lunch today.  Here's the Buffalo Chicken recipe.  Enjoy!

Buffalo chicken ring
Stuffed french bread with creamy spinach artichoke filling.
 Buffalo Chicken Recipe (It's spicy) You can substitute BBQ sauce for the hot sauce if your guests don't care for spicy.

4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's hot sauce)
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese 
2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese

Heat oven to 375.  In a small bowl mix cream cheese and hot sauce until smooth.  Mix in chicken until combined. Top crescent roll strips like below photo.  I put cheese on top instead of mixing it in.  Also add the Blue cheese crumbles before you seal.  Note:  I would next time mix all ingredients including blue cheese crumbles and then place on dough.  Just saying it might be easier.

Directions:  I'll photo show you the steps.
 
 
Bring pointed end toward center and tuck until dough.

  Bake 375 for 20 to 25 minutes carefully making sure to not get it too brown.

Cool about 5 minutes before cutting into serving slices.

Here are the other appetizers and desserts.



Rum Cake





muffin size cheese cake.  I topped them with strawberries.


No comments: