Sunday, October 25, 2015

Copykat Pasta Fagioli (similar to Olive Garden)

Hi everyone!

I recently came across a recipe that looked like it might be something we would enjoy. It is totally different from my grandmother's pasta Fagioli recipe which is meatless so being a person who likes to try different recipes I knew this just might be something hubby and I would like and we definitely did. Excellent!!! Just as good as Olive Garden!!!!!

It was suggested it be made in a crockpot which is fine too but since I had time and didn't need an all day cook I decided to make it on top of the stove.  Here is my recipe and you can feel free to use the crockpot method if you so desire.

Mine was ready to eat in 1 1/2 hours so if you have the time you can do it my way or use your crockpot and it will take about  7 to 8 hours on low. Enjoy! FYI:  You must brown meat even if you use crockpot.








My stove top version which can also be used in the crockpot.

1 lb. ground chuck (browned on stove top) and drained of any grease
1 small onion chopped
2 stalks celery diced
2 carrots diced
1 can 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes juice and all
1-  15. 5 oz. can dark kidney beans drained and rinsed
1- 15.5 oz.can white northern beans drained and rinsed
1-32 oz. Beef Broth
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. dried parsley
4 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. pasta (I used small shells)
Grated Italian Romano cheese

In a large pot (I used a dutch oven) brown meat with a pinch of salt and pepper.  Drain all fat.



 Add the rest of ingredients and simmer slowly on medium heat slightly covered approximately 1 1/2 hours.  About 30 minutes before serving add small pasta.  Garnish with cheese and Serve with crusty rolls.


No comments: