Sunday, September 20, 2015

Crock Pot Beef Brisket


I love baking and cooking and trying new recipes as well as creating some new ones.  So please come visit me often.  I love making new friends and helping others who enjoy baking, cooking and welcome comments on my page and blog too! So on to the Crock Pot Beef Brisket recipe.

This was a first time using this type of roast and after I bought it I looked up the cut and quite honestly I didn't know if we would enjoy it. 

I also was using a new seasoning from Trader Joe's.  It is called 21 Seasoning Saute'.

Starting off is a little information about Beef Brisket.


Note:  Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal. The beef brisket is one of the nine beef primal cuts, though the precise definition of the cut differs internationally. Wikipedia
Since this was a new cut of roast for me I found it necessary to check out the best way to cut the roast.  The link below provides a good example of how to.


Seared roast in crock pot.  Look at the rich color of the roast.


2 lb. beef brisket roast 
2 T Trader Joe's brand 21 Seasoning Saute. 
1 red onion sliced 
1tsp. Salt
1 cup beef broth

Liberally Season roast. Mine was a two pound roast but if yours is larger season accordingly.


A great buy at half off the original price.   It was worth a first try at the $8.59 price. 

 In a large pan place 2 T olive oil.  Sear roast on both sides and place in crock pot fat side up with beef broth . I put half the broth in the crock first and then add the rest of the broth to it.



 Place 1/2 cup beef broth  in crock pot . Add roast, add the other 1/2 cup and top with sliced red onion.  Cook on low 6 to 8  hours or until tender.  Let roast rest for 10 minutes.  Slice thin approximately 1/4 inch slices.  Place back in drippings until ready to serve.




As it turned out the roast was very good.  Quite better than expected but it did cook on low for at least 8 hours.  The seasoning was different than I usually use but I can say we did like it very much.

I'll post some photo's later of the entire meal.  I planning of serving fresh asparagus along with it too!




From my kitchen to yours,





No comments: