Thursday, September 24, 2015

A no fail Basic Biscotti Recipe! Happy Baking!!

I'm going to visit my niece this coming week and my basic Biscotti are always welcome.  They love them and I'm figuring with our coffee these will be a wonderful addition.  If you didn't bookmark or copy this recipe you may want to do so..It is one of the easiest and I have never had anything but rave reviews on this basic recipe. This is a no roll Biscotti recipe.  Check illustration below.   Note:  Biscotti store well in a cool area of your home in a airtight container.


Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours..Have a wonderful day!!






1 cup butter (I use salted)
2 1/2 cup sugar, divided
6 eggs
2 tsp. almond, anise or vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped almonds, or walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chocolate chips (optional)
4 tsp. milk

In a mixing bowl cream butter and 2 c.sugar.  Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.  Stir in extract.  Combine dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture.  Stir in almonds..

 Line a baking sheet with alum. foil and grease with cooking spray.  

 Divide dough in half, spread into two 12x3 inch rectangles on foil. (Drop by tablespoons approx. 8 full tablespoons in line)(picture will demonstrate how to do) and then with a wide knife or icing spreader go along sides to seal.  Do the same with the top before using a pastry brush to lightly coat some milk and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
I added cranberries and almonds to this one!


Bake 375 for 15 to 20 min. or golden brown and firm to touch..Remove from oven.  Reduce heat to 300.  Lift rectangles onto cooling rack..Cool 15 min. Place on cutting board and slice diagonally 1/2 in. thick. Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 10 min. and turn cookies over and bake additional 10 minutes. Cool and store in airtight container. Tender and so yummy you'll want to make more.  

 Recipe makes 4 rolls..Two on each cookie sheet


1/22/12
5/7/13 

3 comments:

mjskit said...

These look a lot better than the storebought biscotti that I just ate! I love almond biscottis or any biscotti for the matter. I'm going to trust you that these are no fail because as a non-baker, it's the kind of recipe that I need. :) Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe!

M. J. Vitelli said...

They are. Just give yourself some time when preparing the recipe the first time and then it will be a breeze. I add cranberries or mini choc.chips sometimes when I make them..Let me know how they work for you.. Happy Baking!

Denise said...

These look awesome! I can't wait to try them!!