Thursday, November 20, 2014

Crockpot Balsamic Pork in Cranberry Sauce

I couldn't wait to try this recipe because I knew it would be a great idea for fall, winter or the holidays.  If you enjoy pork
this is one delicious dish.  I served it on rolls today but~~~




I am sure this pork dish can be either served over bread and or mashed potatoes might be a nice change.  I think Bob Evans had something similar on its menu several years ago and they called it knife and fork meal.  Not positive but it comes to my mind for some reason while I was eating the pork.  I did the rolls just for convenience and it was delicious.  Chips along side for the crunch!

Note** The fork and knife meal is made by placing one slice of bread on your plate then placing a scoop of mashed potatoes on that slice and then placing another slice of bread on top and finish with the shredded pork and sauce. Yummy!


 When I made the below recipe I adjusted the recipe to the size of the pork I was using.  My pork loin was about 1 lb. so I cut back on the spices a little but not on the whole cranberry sauce. I wanted it juicy!




Ingredients:

1 can (14 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce

1 cup chopped onion

2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves(I used dry)

2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves(I used dry)

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt (1 tsp. per lb.)

2 to 3 lb boneless pork shoulder.( I used a pork loin. We like white meat)   You choose! 



  • 1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
  •  
  •  
  • 2. In slow cooker, mix cranberry sauce, onion, rosemary, thyme, balsamic vinegar and garlic powder. Sprinkle salt all over pork shoulder; place pork on top of mixture in slow cooker.
  •  
  •  
  • 3. Cover and cook on High heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until pork is tender and cooked through. Shred pork .



No comments: