Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Shrimp Scampi

Updated picture of shrimp scampi 2/16/24




When I start to plan my menu for the coming week I usually focus on  what may be on sale or what I think we might enjoy eating the coming week.  Since I fell in love with the salad I saw at the specialty store and wanted to duplicate it I also thought if I bought enough shrimp I'd be able to make two meals from the amount of shrimp I purchased..  That is where the shrimp scampi recipe comes into place. 








Add shrimp
1/4 cup  olive oil reserving 1 T for later use
4 T butter reserving 1 T for later use
3 cloves garlic minced
1 lb. large shrimp, cooked,cleaned and deveined( I used medium shrimp)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper or slight amount of red pepper
3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley(fresh or dried)
1 lb.  angel hair pasta

Heat olive oil and 3 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet over med. High heat..Add garlic and cook 1 minute..add shrimp and cook 1 minute, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Cook 2 minutes.  Stir  in parsley and remove from heat.

While shrimp is cooking prepare pasta according to directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.

Note;  you can use 1/2 cup chicken broth instead of pasta liquid.

Add pasta to shrimp in skillet and toss to coat..Stir in cooking liquid and remaining tablespoon each of oil and butter..Stir until pasta is coated and butter is melted..Serve immediately.

 Happy Cooking!



M.J.




8/16/11
3/29/13
8/25/14
2/16/24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ma crazy for everything that comes out from see.Wioth shrimp can not wait for summer and BBq to throw them on there and eat with chilli salsa(tonnes of them):)The giant ones:)