Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sesame Chicken and veggies


Another great Better Homes and Garden recipe that  I adapted to my liking.  Theirs sounds fine but their recipe added diced carrots and canned green beans so I decided that 2 pkgs of   Birdseye Steamfresh veggies and rice would cut some time from this recipe and it would be just if not better than theirs..

I also used boneless chicken breasts (I cut them in chunks) which made more sense to me than what they suggested( chicken thighs).  Enjoy!









I lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sesame seeds
2 eggs, lightly beaten
vegetable oil(I used peanut oil)
1 T soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
3 T cider vinegar
2 pkgs. veggie rice mixture (I used frozen Birdseye Steamfresh which had carrots, broccoli and rice all in a package).





Cut chicken into cubes.  In shallow dish combine flour, sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper.  Place eggs in another shallow dish.  Dip chicken pieces into flour mixture, then into eggs and back in flour mixture again to coat. Set aside.

In a skillet heat about 1/2 inch of oil over medium high heat.  Add chicken in batches; cook 4 minutes or until cooked through.  Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to paper towel; drain.

Meanwhile in a large skillet, combine honey, vinegar, soy sauce  and 1 T water.  Bring to boil.  Add rice/ veggie mix and heat thoroughly. Yummy! 





No comments: