Friday, July 26, 2019

Chicken, Peas and Mushroom Casserole


My hubby does not care for mushrooms so I don't make many things with mushrooms.  I do remember eating them before my hubby and I got married.

Mom would clean mushrooms well and saute them in olive oil and garlic and add chicken parts (wings and thighs) and saute them slowly slightly covered on the top of the stove.  At the time I really did like mushrooms.

I guess marriage does funny stuff to your brain.  When you are married to someone who doesn't want mushrooms in anything including pasta sauce you don't make anything with mushrooms period.  I guess that is what I thought.

It might be just me so after 40 some years of being married to this man today I put my foot down (just kidding) and made an easy crockpot casserole for dinner. Seriously I took a giant step and bought a package of Steamfresh  seasoned frozen peas and mushrooms for the very first time. 

Here is what transpired to make this first time Chicken, peas and mushrooms dinner casserole. Enjoy!  p.s. He loved it so I guess I can add mushrooms to a dinner on and again...:)

Ingredients:

1 lb. chicken breasts sliced thin 
1 package Steamfresh seasoned with garlic frozen peas and mushrooms
1 -15 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1  1/2 cans water
1 cup minute rice

Place sliced chicken in crockpot.  Add cream of mushroom soup and water.  Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.  Add Steamfresh frozen seasoned peas and mushrooms. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.  Add rice and let sit for approximately 5 minutes more or until slightly thickened or cook rice separately and top with mixture.  

2/20/14

Happy Cooking!





No comments: