Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chocolate Angel Food Cake!

When I was in 4rd grade I remember going to a friends house and her Mom made a Chocolate Angel food cake.   I had never eaten a chocolate angel food cake so this cake really impressed me.    I remember how delicious it was, soft, delicate and spongy with just a hint of chocolate.  So so good! I know I could have eaten two pieces that's how much I enjoyed it.

When  I went home I mentioned it to my Mom telling her how good it was and begging her to make one. At that time I don't think she realized how much I wanted it or how important it was to me so today I decided was my day to try to duplicate it with a box angel food cake mix.


This cake memory is for my friend who I haven't seen since 4th grade.  I don't have a clue where she is or how she is but this photo brings back fun food memories.

 My friends name was Ida and her and my other friend Audrey and I were best buds in 4th grade. Here's a picture of us (I'm the tall one and Ida is the one bending down).

Ida and Audrey, if you see this, give me a shout out!

The good old days!  What great memories.

I got a little off track with my story so I'll get right to the cake I made today.



I box mix Angel Food Cake (mixed according to directions)
4 to 6 T of Hershey Cocoa ** I added extra





Place water in mixing bowl.  Add meringue package to water and beat until stiff peaks form.

 

In a large bowl mix cocoa and cake mix.  

Slowly add cake mix A little at a time while using a whisk or large spoon. Do not use beater for this part!  Make sure all cake mix is incorporated.

 Pour in a non greased Angel Food Cake Pan.  Bake according to package directions.  Let cool completely before removing from pan.




Happy Easy Baking from my kitchen to yours,




9/19/12 
1/23/14

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks light good and easy!

Debbie said...

Looks light, yummy and easy!!! And I love the story!