Monday, December 30, 2013

A few new Dips for YOU!

 Re-Post: New Year's Eve Celebrating appetizer suggestions.



The Fourth of July will be here in a few weeks so I'm thinking ahead and sharing some easy new and old dip recipes.  I'll share some others closer to the holiday.




 Thinking what to serve my guests has always been a chore for me.  I want different, I want easy and I want it to be tasty.  I imagine one of the above reasons is why I hesitant to entertain.  Today I am offering a few new dips that you may like to try.  I haven't had a chance to make any of them but found them interesting.  Fresh basil and mint are needed to make them garden tasty. Enjoy!

If  you don't find yourself to be as adventuresome also I'll include a few links to my oldie but goodie favorites. 

Click on highlighted  area below.  

Easy Caramel Dip 

BLT Dip 

Mango/Pineapple Dip or Salad Dressing 






From my kitchen to yours,

6/24/13



M.J.


Happy Entertaining!

Strawberry Basil Dip

6 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled about 1 1/4 cup
4 oz. softened cream cheese
3 T honey
1 T. fresh basil leaves

In a blender or food processor combine strawberries, cream cheese and honey.  Cover; blend to process until smooth.  Add basil; pulse until just chopped.  Serve immediately.  Makes 12 servings

Make ahead:  chill dip up to 8 hours.  Serve at room temperature

Mint Julep Dip

6 T sugar
1 T packed fresh mint leaves
6 oz. cream cheese softened
1/4 cup milk
2 T bourbon

In a small bowl combine sugar and mint leaves (my mint is chocolate mint) Yummy
Using a wooden spoon, mash mint and sugar until fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute.

In a blender or food processor combine sugar mixture, cream cheese, milk and bourbon.  Cover; blend until smooth, stopping to scrape sides as necessary.  Serve immediately.  Makes 10 servings

 
All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

No comments: