Sunday, May 27, 2018

Summer Fruit Torte:




Hi!  Last evening I decided that the Bing cherries I had in my refrigerator I was either going to make a cherry pie or a cherry torte.  I chose the torte because it is so super easy and quite honestly I didn't want to full around making a two crust pie.

If you like fruit this easy torte is something you will want to make.  This has to be one of the easiest recipes I have ever made.  If you are hesitant about making a crust this crust recipe is not only easy to do it turns out perfect every time and no worry about rolling. You can press it into shape with your hands. 
Note:  I use some wax paper and spread it around with my fingers.
  It's so easy you will be super proud of yourself.  The crust in this torte is so tender and buttery..Yum!! and make note you can use peaches too! ** Pat fruit gently before adding to cream cheese mixture.  Original 7/9/13

You don't have to add whipped cream but it adds a creamy restaurant like touch to most pie desserts.  Of course that's just me talking :)



Baked to perfection Cool completely before slicing



Cherry Pitter


I have made this torte before with peaches and peaches and Bing cherries with success both times.  Today I am making them with pitted Bing cherries all by themself.   Note:  Don't forget to pit the cherries.  This is where a cherry pitter comes in handy.  I love mine.  I may not use it a lot but when it calls for pitted cherries I am thrilled I bought this years ago.  

Happy Baking!

M.J. Vitelli 



Crust:

½ cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup chopped pecans optional (I eliminated the pecans)
½ tsp vanilla extract

Filling:

1 (8 oz.) Package cream cheese softened
1 egg
¼ tsp. Almond extract
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
 2 cups fresh pitted Bing cherries (if using a combination of fruit make sure it's total fruit is 2 cups)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
To make crust,  mix 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/3 cup sugar, flour, pecans and ½ tsp. vanilla extract in  a bowl..I used my electric mixer. After mixed well, press into the bottom of a 10 inch pie plate.( I used a Quiche pan) I liked it because it was deeper and less chance of crust browning to much.
Bake the crust in  preheated 450 degree oven for 5 minutes..Remove and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, egg, almond extract, ¼ cup sugar, and ½ tsp. vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.. Gently fold in cherries into cream cheese mixture. Spread the filling over the cooled crust.. Return to oven,  bake at 450 degrees for  10 minutes.. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue to bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

If you like peaches!  Here's what the peach torte looks like.  It is so simple to make.  It is a must try!


No comments: