Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Strawberry Coconut Cream Soda! A Summer must!

Browsing though Better Homes and Gardens Magazine I found this amazing recipe for a Cream Soda beverage. 

As the 4th is tomorrow I am quickly posting it for all my loyal followers.  I made one for myself last night and it proved to be a wonderful, refreshing yet so tasty drink that I will make a pitcher for my guests tomorrow.

Happy Entertaining from my kitchen to yours,

 


M.J.


Enjoy the 4th and please be safe.  Fireworks are dangerous!! 

Strawberry Coconut Cream Soda


3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
2/3 cup sugar(adjust for sweetness)  I added a little less
3/4 cup refrigerated coconut milk
3 to 4 cups Club soda or carbonated water, chilled

In a medium bowl combine strawberries and sugar; stir well to combine.  Using a pastry blender, coarsely mash the strawberries.

Place 1/3 cup mashed strawberries in each of 6 glasses.  To each glass add ice, 2 T coconut milk, and 1/2 to 2/3 cups  club soda. Stir drinks just before serving.  Makes 6 servings.

*Note:  If you don't want your drink to be too sweet cut down on the sugar amount.  

***Rosebud Followers:  Use Splenda instead of sugar or make it sugar free :)



 
All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.



No comments: