Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Bake: One of my favorite recipes :)


A family favorite from my kitchen to yours,

Creamy and just the right amount of cheese makes this one of our families favorite Mexican dishes.  It may not be traditional Mexican flair (no salsa) but it's oh so yummy!


I love most Mexican food but sometime tire of the same things so today I found a recipe for some chicken enchiladas and  there was no salsa involved so I decided to try it..Yummy!!and a nice change..Here is the recipe and pictures..Happy Cooking!

A tablespoon of sour cream to garnish the top.








8 Flour Tortillas ( I used Azteca) or if you prefer use corn Tortillas 
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup green onions chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 sliced black olives
1- 4oz. drained diced green chillies
1/2 cup sour cream
1 10 3/4 oz. cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken (use canned chicken if desired)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees..In medium saucepan melt butter, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender..Stir in 1/2 of the sliced olives(reserve the other for top),
 green chillies, sour cream and soup; mix well..Set aside 3/4 cup of the soup mixture..To remaining sauce in pan, stir in chicken and 1/2 cup cheese..

Warm tortillas as directed on package. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture; roll up..Place seam side down in ungreased baking dish..In a small bowl, combine reserved 3/4 cup soup mixture and milk; spoon over tortillas..Bake for approx. 30 minutes until bubbly..Serve, sprinkle with remaining cheese and black olives..Enjoy!!!!

You can make them in a 13x9 inch pan or as I have done this recipe many times I switch baking dishes for fun. I change my pans depending on who I'm having to dinner or if it's the two of  us :).

About 7 filled this pan

Baked in a quiche pan. 








I was very generous in filling of enchiladas so I only was able to make 5 .  this is my 13x9 inch pan


Pretty to look at and delicious to eat.. Pyrex 13x9




1/30/12
3/14/13

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make it sound so easy.What a tasty looking dish:)

Inessa said...

Beautiful dish.
Followed your beautiful blog.

Unknown said...

I love enchiladas but haven't made them in forever. You just motivated me, thanks!!!!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Happy to help! Some days I need motivation and this recipe is a keeper. Thanks for commenting!