Sunday, December 16, 2012

Seared Pork Tenderloin







I thought the below recipe seemed like a good Holiday Dish.  I really enjoy pork as well as cranberries and when reading over this recipe it seemed very easy to do as well as something that can be prepared quickly.

I'm thinking it would be a great meal to serve New Year's Day.  Pork is the traditional meat of choice for that day and my mom always made her pork with sauerkraut and my mother in law made hers the Italian way (porketta).  I think I'll go out of a limb and make this recipe for us that day!  It really sounds yummy!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M.J.






Approximately 2 lb. pork tenderloin cut in thick slices
1/2 cup cranberry juice
2 cloves minced garlic
1 T. spicy brown mustard
1 T. honey
Dash Worcestershire sauce
2 T. canola oil
cranberry sauce optional

Combine juice, garlic, brown mustard, honey and Worcestershire sauce in a large sealable bag..  Add pork.  Toss to coat and Seal Bag.  Chill overnight or at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Remove pork from bag and pat dry, discard marinade.  Cook half pork in 1 T hot oil in a large skillet over medium high heat about 2 minutes or until browned, turning once. Transfer meat to rimmed baking sheet.  Repeat process with remaining oil and pork.

Bake pork approx. 13 minutes.  Drizzle with pan juices.  Serve immediately and garnish with cranberry sauce (optional)

People Mag. 12/12

No comments: