Friday, April 29, 2022

Ranch Chicken Taco's (Healthy option)

This recipe is easily made using Rotisserie chicken.


If you’re a healthy eater or hoping to shed a few pounds try this easy recipe.

 I have made many taco salads in every way possible but to make one with a little less fat is sometimes hard.  When I came across this recipe I decided I was going to make it.  I didn't add the avocado but opted for a little more chicken and used Fajita seasoning since that was all I had in the pantry.  

I used the chicken I had from my Saturday Chicken soup recipe and it was moist and tender so I didn't have to go and buy a store bought rotisserie one.

Hope your day was a pleasant one.  Try this for a easy and quick meal.

Helpful suggestion:  To save time cut your lettuce and veggies in small pieces and wash and place a wet paper towel over them to keep it fresh for a day.  

Some days I do that at night and it is still crispy the next day!  It'll save you some time in prep work if you are hustling to make your dinner.







 




  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing  (lower in fat if possible)
  • 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix, divided( I used Fajita seasoning which was great)
  • 1 tablespoon mild chunky salsa
  • 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
  • 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
  • shredded lettuce
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  • 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced (optional)
  • 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (going to try to find low fat)

Directions

  1. Combine ranch dressing, sour cream, 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, and salsa in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
  2. Toss chicken with remaining taco seasoning. Cover bowl loosely with wax paper or plastic wrap. Microwave chicken until chicken is heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
  3. Warm the tortillas in a skillet for about a minute on each side to make them pliable. Place a scoop of chicken on the tortilla and top with lettuce, tomato, green onion, olives, avocado, cheese, and a spoonful of the ranch dressing mixture.
Original 9/7/2012



No comments: