Monday, July 2, 2012

With veggies like this "Who needs meat"?

I have to admit I can very easily do without a piece of meat and most days if I prepare meat it is because my hubby is not a big veggie person.

When I was out getting some groceries I  picked up a bag of very colorful peppers.  I love sauteing them with onions and honestly can make them my meal.  There really isn't any veggie that I don't like.  Make them alone, with chicken in Fajita's or with sausage if you prefer them as an add to your meal. My mother in law made peppers and eggs and my mom made peppers stuffed with bread stuffing.  Meat didn't have to be part of every meal!

 Another great choice for a meatless addition is Italian Potato Salad.  You can add green beans to it also to make a delightful tasty cold salad.  Potatoes, onions, minced garlic, oil and vinegar make this a great change from regular potato salad to this no mayo potato salad.
Italian Potato Salad
Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M. J.



No comments: