Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Dessert Series! Easy Peach/Raspberry Cobbler!

I'm posting some more easy summer recipes.   I have made fruit cobblers many times.  They are easy to make and most recipes take little more than fresh or canned fruit to make everyone happy. They require no patience and are basically a no fuss type dessert.  Novices welcome!

Today I made this cobbler with fresh peaches and raspberries but you can use a combo of fruits to your liking.    

Note:  I didn't have as much fresh fruit as I would have liked so please make note that 6 to 8 pieces of fresh fruit is recommended or 2 or more cups.

Happy Baking!

 
M.J.






Top with whipped cream if desired!  Easy and so yummy..Love it warm <3


I usually make a basic scratch recipe but today I thought I'd use Bisquick, baking mix.

I didn't have a recipe but here is what I did.

6 small peaches (use more if possible) The more the better for a full cobbler.  This is what I happened to have in frige.
1 pkg. fresh raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
5 T. butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups Bisquick Baking mix
sprinkle of cinnamon

Remove skin from peaches.  Cut and dice peaches (Hubby did it 4 me)
Wash raspberries, drain well

In a separate bowl combine fruit with 1/2 cup sugar.  Set aside

In a large mixing bowl place Bisquick mix, remainder 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup milk.  Mix by hand with large spoon until milk is absorbed into baking mix.  Add a bit more milk if too dry.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place butter in 13 x9 in baking dish.  Place in oven to let butter melt.  When butter is melted, place fresh fruit.  Top with large tablespoons baking mix.Sprinkle with cinnamon.   Bake approximately 30 minutes or until lightly browned and you can see fruit bubbling through.

No comments: