Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Italian Feast! One of my first blog posts

I thought it might be nice to share some of my early blog posts.  This particular evening we had dinner with good friends. These photos bring back to my mind a wonderful evening we spent with them.  Memories are something your heart never forgets and taking photos of these times are priceless.  I am a camera nut and knew from the start I'd be taking photos along my food journey.  Enjoy! :) M.j. 

Hi everyone:

This post is one of my very first so please excuse any possible errors.  The pictures are not as nice as I would have liked them to be but I was just beginning to photograph too!  Enjoy!

It was a wonderful evening with friends and the menu was perfect.

Our dinner tonight started with Chicken soup with quadrucci(Italian small square noodles). The next was my basic Italian salad(I used Bib lettuce and Iceberg) and my own special Italian dressing which everyone loves. An easy to make dressing of extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and seasonings I add to make this yummy salad.

On to the Main course Italian meat stuffed shells.  I topped the shells with my homemade sauce, Pecorino Romano cheese and finely grated Mozzarella. 

For Dessert White Italian Cookies, Biscotti and as an added addition Eclairs.  All left with happy faces!!! Oh yes Chianti in abundance as well as some very wonderful wine as a pleasant addition from our very good friends.

From my kitchen to yours,




 

















5/26/11

No comments: