Saturday, August 20, 2022

Salisbury Steak Meatballs





It is getting harder and harder to come up with easy meals that require little work and can be made from start to finish in a little over an hour.

I had bought some fresh ground round steak at the store the other day and I had intended on making some burgers with it but wanted something a little different.

It's over 6 years that I have been bringing recipes from my kitchen to yours and I'm needing some assistence for some variety.  I'll be adapting recipes I think are of interest and easy to make for a little change. Hope you continue to like what you see and find a few more selections for dinner at your house.

Enjoy!

I adapted a recipe to my liking and it's a nice change.

l lb. lean ground round (I'm sure you can use lean chuck or lean beef too)
1 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 T. ketscup
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 cup beef broth
dash of Worcestershire if you like(I eliminated it)






1 T butter
1 T. olive oil
 1 medium onion sliced thin
2 cups beef broth

Mix meat mixture and form into meatballs size balls.

In a large deep skillet on medium to low heat place butter and olive oil.  Place meatballs and fry until browned on all sides. Remove meatballs from skillet and drain any excess grease.

In the same skillet place thinly slice onions and fry slowly until browned and slightly tender while scrapping pan. Add 2 cups of beef broth and simmer for a few minutes. Add meatballs and simmer until meatballs are warmed.  

To thicken mixture if you like you can thicken mixture before adding meatballs with a little cornstarch.


Serve with mashed potatoes. 








adapted from Ree Drummond

Re-post 8/20/22

No comments: