Thursday, November 10, 2016

Corn pudding!

 If you like corn, custard and sweetness you're going to love this recipe <3. It's a side dish our daughter Susan made last year for the first time and also this year for Thanksgiving.


I forgot to post it for Thanksgiving. I can't believe I left it out!  I am so so sorry because it is one of the best sides dishes that goes with most meals.

 We enjoyed it for Thanksgiving but I think it would be excellent with any meal even if you decide to make a ham for Christmas I think this would be a great addition.

Enjoy!


Corn Pudding!








Homemade Corn Pudding
Ingredients:
5 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
2 (14.75 ounce) cans cream-style corn

Directions:
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter bottom and sides of a two (2) quart casserole dish.

Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Once eggs are lightly beaten, add melted butter, sugar, and milk. After combined, whisk cornstarch into mixture and then stir in corn and creamed corn to blend well. Finally, pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and bake uncovered for one (1) hour.


Note: **I made this recipe for Corn Pudding last night with two other super easy recipes that I found online (and adapted to our liking, of course).  

Chicken Pot Pie and Rice Pudding...eating large quantities of great comfort food yesterday=many miles of running today...

From Susan's kitchen to yours,




Enjoy!

11/29/14

No comments: