Monday, August 11, 2014

Making a Fruit Galette!

I read a little about a Galette (free-form pies that are easy and all purpose) in our weekend food section of the newspaper.




I had never read much about any type of pastry since I was taught by Mom and I do a great deal of baking her way.  As I started to readabout Galettes I have found out that I have made many a Galette just playing with dough and fruit.







Today I am making one with prepared pie rust (refrigerated).  I mentioned in a few blogs ago that I would be making some easy dessert recipes and this is definitely one and you don't have to have the oven on too long.



2 cups small cubed apples (any variety)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 or 2 dabs butter  

Mix apples, sugar and cinnamon together.
 
Roll out refrigerated dough slightly.  Place apples in center. Dab with butter and pinch sides to center.  Brush with a little melted butter and a little more cinnamon. 

Very professional looking I'd say!

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.






All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.


No comments: