Thursday, December 6, 2012

On to some of my favorite cookies: Dark Chocolate Dipped Macaroons





This is one of my favorite Cookie recipes( we all love macaroons in our family) and I make them a lot, especially at Christmas where I can double the recipe and they store well in a cool area..I keep mine in a large container out  on a shelf in my garage. That's where I keep all my cookies for the holidays.  If your garage is cool or you have cool basement, store your cookies there and make sure to separate each layer, they'll stay really nice for weeks.

  Of course I should hide them because they go really fast cause they know where they can find them for a quick snack.  I don't know if you like coconut but hubby and I love it  and when I make these (and they are major easy) I get compliments galore.  Everyone thinks it takes a lot of work and time( no need to tell them it's a breeze). Take the compliment!!!!

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,
 
M.J.





Baked and ready to be dipped

Make sure macaroons are completely cooled before dipping..and I put a rubber band around leftover chocolate chips for easy storage.
 Dark Chocolate dipped macaroons

3 large egg whites
3 tablespoons sugar
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
¼ tsp. Almond extract
1 pkg. 7 oz. Sweetened flaked coconut
8 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, melted

Heat oven to 325 degrees.. You’ll need 2 baking sheets lined with nonstick foil..( I use parchment paper)
Whisk egg whites, sugar and extracts in medium bowl until foamy ..Stir in coconut until evenly mixed.
Drop by level  tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until set and browned.. Cool on wire rack.Note: I make mini macaroons using a teaspoon of mixture and I double recipe.
Dip bottoms and tiny bit up side of macaroons in melted chocolate.(I melt chocolate morsels until chocolate is melted(in microwave for approximately 20 seconds..Stir and dip chocolates.. Tap off excess chocolate.. Place on same foil lined baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature until set.



6/29/12

No comments: