Thursday, April 26, 2018

Accordion Potatoes with Chicken and chives!

 Repost:



Sunday was the kind of day that I didn't feel like doing anything so I cozied up with a magazine and enjoyed a few hours browsing recipes and ideas for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Hubby was typing away on his computer so with the wind blowing and it being a very overcast kind of day I actually stayed in my pj's a good part.  Some days vegging is a good thing for the body and soul and today was one of those days for me.

Lunch was a light easy pasta fagole.  Simple recipe as I shared on facebook.  More like a hot cup of soup than a huge meal.  It was really good for all of 20 minutes to make from pan to plate.  Yum!

I've been trying to keep my mind on the prize "Thanksgiving Dinner" so I'm trying to either create or find a recipe that suits both hubby and I which is healthy as well as light.  We both don't want to add an additional pounds over the holiday's if possible!

The recipe I am posting not only satifisfed us for dinner but also was very very good.  I love potatoes (my downfall) but making these Accordion potatoes was something different which we both thought was a great addition to the meal.  

I had some Fage plain Greek yogurt and chives still hanging around in a pot in our yard so I snipped a few and added them to the yogurt along with a little salt and pepper.  Rubbed the chicken with the mixture and quite honestly it was one of our better meals.  Check out the recipes below.  I think you'll be very happy with the results.  


This potato recipe is a bit of change from ordinary baked potatoes. We're having them with some yogurt dipped baked chicken.

 



4 medium baking potatoes washed and peeled
1/4 cup (1/2 stick softened butter)
1 clove garlic minced(I used garlic powder)
1/2 tsp. coarse salt(I used Kosher Salt) lots :)
1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees


Combine butter, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl.


Note:  If worrying about fat content rub olive oil on potato when baking instead of butter.

Slice potato crosswise, leaving about 1/2 inch at bottom still attached.


Smear butter mixture all over potato carefully working in between slices and coating all sides


Repeat on all potatoes.


Place potatoes on non stick baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.


Yogurt /chive chicken

 





2 to 4 boneless chicken breasts
2 to 4 T or more plain yogurt
fresh chives cut in small pieces
pinch salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Rub chicken with yogurt mixture all over making sure to coat well. 


Place chicken in baking dish lightly coated with oil.  I use spray olive oil.


Bake uncovered  20 to 30 minutes  depending on the number of chicken breasts you are making. Enjoy!















1/6/14

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these recipes. I will have to try these. I'm always looking for new ways to cook potatoes & chicken! Thank You! Kimberly J.

M. J. Vitelli said...

So happy your are enjoying my posts. I really love hearing from everyone. Thanks again, M.J.