Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Soda Cracker (Saltines) Dessert! MAKE IT COLORFUL!!!!!

This delicious dessert recipe can be made anytime of the year because who doesn't like an easy as well as a light tasteful dessert.  Having an evening with friends or family and you need to supply dessert?  This is a very good recommendation...Enjoy!



Just in time for your 4th of July picnic or Labor Day dessert this easy recipe I adapted to my liking for a easy dessert.  Similar to other recipes I have made but this one uses unsalted saltines for a flaky like crust. It may be just what your family/friends would enjoy.  I substituted fresh blackberries/strawberries cut in pieces for a more festive look.  Bummer that my strawberries were not as colorful as I would have liked. :). I thinking next time I may use a strawberry drizzle for the top or mixed fresh fruit cut in small pieces. My artwork is a bit shaky but I think you get the gist. 


The credit for this recipe goes to the link below.  Thanks Quick German Recipes :) 






Fresh blackberries, strawberries and any other fruit you would like!


Happy Dessert time from my kitchen to yours,




 

Here is the easy recipe!


Original recipe 6/30/13 







 


"Soda Cracker Dessert"
Ingredients

  • 1 package Soda Crackers/Saltines (unsalted tops)
  • 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 cups milk (to make pudding)
  • I tub Cool Whip (large - 1 liter)
  • 1 can crushed pineapple, drained or 1 pkg frozen berries

Instructions

  • Line bottom of 9 X 13 inch baking dish with soda crackers.
  • Prepare pudding mix according to package instructions. Gently pour 1/2 over crackers and spread.
  • Gently spread 1/2 carton of Cool Whip over pudding
  • Cover Cool Whip layer with another layer of soda crackers.
  • Gently pour remaining pudding over crackers. Cover with remaining Cool Whip.
  • Cover with crushed, drained pineapple or frozen berries
  • Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.

Hints: For my Rosebud Followers

  • Use low-fat Cool Whip and pudding if desired.
  • Use any mixture of berries or even pie filling.

From my kitchen to yours, 












This easy flaky dessert recipe is similar to the German Blätterteig or a French Puff Pastry. But, it's so much simpler to make. AND, it tastes so-o-o good!
This simple dessert is just layers of unsalted soda crackers (saltines), pudding, and Cool Whip. Top with fruit, canned or fresh, or pie filling. It sounds strange, but this quick, easy dessert recipe always brings rave reviews.



6/30/16
1/8/17

No comments: