Saturday, June 26, 2021

Baked Stuffed French toast my way!



Updated photo 7/22/2022





















Stuffed French toast.  I made it totally different than I have ever before.  

I thought of making it last night so I toasted Artisan bread(a first) .   Makes about 4 or 5 sandwiches depending on size of bread.

 Mix 8 oz. softened cream cheese with 1/4 cup powdered sugar.  

Spread the cream cheese on the toast and then whisk 4 eggs with approximately 2 cups of milk, 1tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp.  vanilla.

 In a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan (I added 4 tablespoons of melted butter) . Place French toast sandwiches in buttered pan.

  Pour the milk /egg mixture over the sandwiches  ( making sure to saturate the bread)and cover the pan with clear wrap and refrigerate overnight.  

Today I removed it from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until lightly browned uncovered on the middle rack of your oven.

Serve with fruit of choice..  We love fresh strawberries!!  Enjoy!

The guys loved it.

I’ll Definitely make it again.




No comments: