Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Peeled and simmered tomato sauce

Potato Tomato…I love both and making a light tomato sauce is as easy as saying those two words.

Roma tomatoes or any tomatoes you want to use.  Today I had a container of sweet salad tomatoes I need to use.

Bring a pot of water to a boil place tomatoes in boiling water, remove from heat and watch the skin start to lift.

Drain, remove skin and cool and remove skin.  It’s easy!  Especially with Roma tomatoes.

In a pot place about 1/4 + cup olive oil and 2 minced or sliced garlic. You can add more.  Simmer very slowly.

While garlic is simmering place a fine colander over a bowl.  With a potato masher keep mashing skinned tomatoes continuously until all is left are seeds.  I do have a specific gadget which is the best way to save time.( Food Mill). Amazon has them or any kitchen store.

NOTE: if you have a FOOD mill it definitely is much quicker.





Simmer sauce about 1/2 hour adding salt and pepper to your liking.  A few fresh basil leaves about 5 minutes before serving.  Toss with angel hair.  I think it’s the best pasta for this sauce. ( save some pasta water) . You may need it for a creamier pasta when tossed. Enjoy!  Pecorino please for extra flavor! 



Today I made chicken cutlets as our protein addition.

 




 
 

No comments: