Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Crockpot loaded chicken

So our weekend has come and gone and yes here is the question once again.  What's for dinner tonight?

Yay a new recipe I'll be giving a try today.  





Here is the beginning of the recipe. I’ve made a few changes as noted with***



  • 1/2 cup chicken broth

  • 3 1/2 tablespoon ranch dressing mix***i used liquid ranch dressing.

  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts

  • 1 1/2 pounds yellow baby new potatoes( ***tiny potatoes) 

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

  • 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed at room temperature

  • 1/4 cup ranch dressing

  • cups shredded sharp Cheddar*** ( I used grated white sharp cheddarcheese),divided, plus more for garnish

  • cooked and crumbled bacon to taste( I did not garnish) only orange mild cheddar a pinch to the top of dish.  I’m sure the bacon would really be tasty.

  • thinly sliced scallions for garnish


    Stir together chicken broth and ranch dressing mix in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker until combined. Add chicken breasts in an even layer over broth mixture, followed by an even layer of potatoes. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.



Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender, about 2 hours and 45 minutes on HIGH or about 3 hours and 45 minutes on LOW.


Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place them on a cutting board. Let them cool slightly for 5 minutes. Coarsely shred the chicken using 2 forks.

Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until cheeses begin to melt and potatoes are fully tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover and stir cheese mixture until just about fully combined.

Serve in bowls and top with shredded cheese   Chopped scallions and bacon bits.


Enjoy!
Allrecipes.com

No comments: