Friday, September 4, 2026

My Flower Garden 2026

What a wild garden year!

From a very damp and cold June to a scorcher and wet August I honestly didn’t think there would be much to brag about. But I sure can brag after all.

Green and colorful is about the best year I’ve had for a while.

Every year come late August or September I start harvesting zinnias.  I dry them completely and carefully pull the seeds away.  I store them in a cool area in envelopes marked accordingly until next June. I’ve been doing them this way since 2009.  I haven’t bought a seed since then. 

I’ve thought of trying different varieties of zinnias but I truly love how they produce so many different looks that I haven’t felt the need to do that.

You’ll
See some tall Canas as well.  I buy small plants from a local family owned garden center for them.  I have saved the bulbs but because of not much garage storage opted to just buy and support local business.

Ps. I have some vincas too surrounding the areas and coreopsis too!

Here are a few of my beauties!  Enjoy!

























No comments: