My plan today was to rest and relax but making more biscotti won over.
I did want to try adding dried cherries along with chopped walnuts to my original biscotti recipe and the biscotti were delicious.
This recipe makes approximately 4 nice size biscotti loaves.
2 sticks softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 tsp. Vanilla butternut extract ( use all vanilla extract if you can’t find the butternut one)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
4 T milk . Brush top with milk and
Sprinkle of sugar.
Bake 375° for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven . Cool completely and cut in thick slices. Return to oven turn oven to 300° and bake each side for 10 minutes.
Cool . Store in cool area. I use either in a cookie jar or sealable bag or Christmas cookie tins. They keep for a long time or can be frozen.
Enjoy!
NOTE: I found that the cherries were delicious in these biscotti but a little larger than dried cranberries. Cutting through was difficult so I used my electric knife as to avoid breakage. I suggest using dried cranberries might please you better.
The following photo is an illustration of how I place tablespoons of batter in a row and close sides with a wide knife or silicone spatula .





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments always appreciated.