Monday, November 7, 2016

Stuffed Pepper Soup! My adapted recipe

It's seems I always have to add my touch to recipes that I come across.  I love stuffed peppers so this stuffed pepper soup really attracted my attention.

I have seen lots of recipes and several have tomato soup added. I don't care for adding tomato soup so the below recipe that I adapted worked to my liking.  Hope you'll try it and let me know your opinion.





 
  • 2 pounds ground beef *(1 1/2 lb.)
  • 2 quarts water (*2 cups)
  • 1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce( *1 -8 oz.)
  • 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained*( 1-28 oz.crushed tomatoes)
  • 2 cups cooked long grain rice( *1 1/4 cup long grain rice)
  • 2 cups chopped green peppers(*I used green, orange, red and yellow)
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar(*2 T)Note: If you would like it sweeter add 4 T
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules( *1- 14 oz. beef broth)
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions
  • In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers and rice are tender.  *If soup is too thick add more water to thin.
  •  
  • * the asterisk is my recipe

 
From my kitchen to yours,



 
9/24//2
9-16-13
Post a Comment