Our Saturday social is going to be this Saturday and although I had several soup and dessert recipes to choose from I decided a new one I saw on the Hugs and Cookies site appealed to me and it really didn't require a lot of ingredients to make so I decided it was a dessert that would appeal to many....mostly me. lol
Last week I made wonderful cherry and chocolate morsels cookies (what's up with me)? and now I'm into the chocolate cherry cheesecake. Don't have a clue why but hope you enjoy this recipe. If I like it I may choose it for a holiday dessert. Enjoy! Easy Baking from my kitchen to yours, M.j.
- 1 box Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, prepare according to directions
- 1 can cherry pie filling(reserve 1/2 cup to top cake before serving if desired )
- Cheesecake Filling
- One 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Hot Fudge sauce for topping (optional)
- Grease a 9" spring form pan, line it with parchment and grease again.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Spread half the brownie in the pan.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar,
- Spread this over the brownie batter.
- Dollop scoops of the cherry pie filling on top, reserving a bit for the tops.
- Use the rest of the brownie batter to top the cherries.
- Spread carefully with offset spatula.
- Bake about approx 60 minutes until baked all the way though.
- Cool to room temp and then chill a few hours before cutting.
- Top with extra cherries you reserved or use an extra can if you want a lot!!!