Monday, June 6, 2016

Green Beans and potatoes




Tomorrow I will get my second knee injection so today I decided to make some green beans and potato salad for a side with whatever hubby makes for  us for dinner.  Lol

This has long been a family favorite since way back when.  My mom and grandmother as well as my mother- in- law made this delicious side a lot but mostly in the summer when green beans were plentiful. Pole beans were an Italian favorite or if you could find flat beans were especially a treat. Meaty and tender  I remember growing flat beans in our garden when we were first married.  Such a nice memory.

I don't know if any of you have ever had this or made it but it's very simple to make.



Fresh  green beans and potato salad.

I lb. green beans cleaned
1 clove minced garlic
Olive oil
White wine vinegar to taste
Parsley pinch or so as desired
2 peeled and washed potatoes cut in cubes
Salt and pepper to taste

Place green beans and potatoes in a large pot of salted water.  Bring to a boil. Cook until tender, drain .  Add 1 Clove minced garlic , pinch or two of dried parsley and olive oil.  Sauté for a few minutes. Remove from stove add white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.  One of my early favorite family recipes. Yummy!







Post a Comment