Thursday, December 25, 2014

Food, Family and our traditional Christmas dinner

What a wonderful day!  It took two weeks to prepare.  Yes for me it does.  I make it all from scratch and I wouldn't have it any other way.  

I start with making my homemade chicken soup and we traditionally have cappelletti's in the soup.  I didn't get a chance to make my usual 1,000 small caps so I had to add some acne de pepe to the soup too!  Fresh chicken, carrots add to the good homemade taste.

I made my lasagna sauce several weeks before and I freeze it in containers.  Fresh beef, pork and Italian sausage make this red sauce outstanding. I actually put the lasagna together the day before and refrigerate it so that all I have to do it take it out about 1/2 hour before I want to bake it and it cooks in about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  Use fresh mozzarella for a better taste instead of bagged mozzarella.  It makes a huge difference.


 The Antipasto is prepared the morning of our dinner.  I take pride is only buying the best deli cuts and cheeses that my pocket can afford.  I do estimate the group size and try not to overbuy because they are expensive.

The desserts:

Italian favorites are always a part of my dessert table.





The Table:  I mix and match Christmas Dishes.  Inexpensive and really pretty. Table 1

Table 2.  I set two tables one for the grandchildren and one for the adults.  The kids seem to like it this way.  Desserts are served together at one very crowded table.













Post a Comment