Friday, May 3, 2013

Chicken or Shrimp with Sweet Cherry Peppers, Spinach and Tossed with Linguine


Here's another healthy recipe that I came across in Woman’s Day Magazine, March issue and that I decided to try. Keeping it healthy another day this week. Yay!!! The recipe had called for shrimp but I decided to switch it up a bit and used some boneless chicken breasts.  Here is my adapted recipe.

Cubed chicken, fresh spinach, sweet red cherry peppers, garlic, oo and linguine..Nice combo and very eye appealing!

12 oz. linguine
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
 salt and pepper
1/3 cup small sweet red cherry peppers (such as Peppadew) quartered (I found mine at the deli bar where olives etc. are)
4 cups arugula or spinach(remove stems)I used spinach
*¼ cup chicken broth (if using chicken breasts)
*¼ cup dry white wine(use if you are using shrimp)


Cook the linguine according to directions.  Reserve ¼ cup of liquid; drain pasta and return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the garlic and cook, about 1 minute. Add sweet pepper, washed spinach and *chicken broth and bring to simmer.  Add pasta and a bit of reserved liquid if necessary. Enjoy! 
*If using shrimp add wine at this point of preparation.

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
M.J.




4/30/12
Post a Comment